Robert J. Itkin, JD
Managing Director Robb Itkin has over 30 years of experience in finance, real estate, law, management, and receiverships. Prior to joining Simon Consulting, Mr. Itkin was a Senior Managing Director at the turnaround and restructuring firm MCA Financial Group, Ltd. and a partner at a national law firm where he represented business owners, real estate developers and lenders. He also held executive positions at Fortune 1000 and entrepreneurial companies and managed the legal functions of multi-billion dollar divisions of CIT and Finova.
Mr. Itkin has worked extensively in structuring and negotiating complex transactions in real estate, M&A, capital markets, and restructures ranging in size from $1 million to over $1 billion. He has managed significant receiverships involving subdivisions, resorts, condominiums, office, retail and industrial centers, luxury homes and apartments. He has served as an expert witness in loan underwriting, administration and lender liability issues and as Chief Restructuring Officer in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding related to a 3,000 acre resort and master planned community.
Mr. Itkin received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Boston University and his Juris Doctorate from The American University. He is a Certified Real Estate Specialist (State Bar of Arizona) and AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. Robb serves on the board of directors of several non-profit organizations, including the Association of Corporate Counsel—a nationwide industry group of more than 25,000 in-house corporate attorneys—where he served as President of the Arizona Chapter and on the National Board of Directors.
Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel, Arbitrator/Mediator, Expert Witness, Receiver and Trustee with 25+ years management and legal experience in the financial services, turnaround management, wellness/fitness/alternative medicine and real estate industries.
Executive and attorney with expertise in corporate restructuring, turnaround management, trustee, fiduciary, arbitration/mediation, receiverships, expert witness (lender liability, financial, underwriting, & standard of care), management, operations, law, finance and real estate at Fortune 1000 and entrepreneurial companies — including managing and selling corporate and real estate assets, providing financial advisory and expert witness services to businesses, serving as court-appointed receiver, trustee and chief restructuring officer, negotiating and closing complex transactions, resolving litigation, strategic planning, managing internal and external legal resources, business development, team building, enhancing customer relationships, process improvement, and risk and asset management.
- Business Arbitrator & Mediator
- Commercial, real estate, asset-based and syndicated finance transactions and portfolio acquisitions, due diligence and workouts
- Strategic Asset Manager: property management, construction oversight, marketing and sale of commercial real estate, multi-family, condominiums, subdivisions, hotels
- Corporate and commercial contract analysis, documentation, negotiation and closings
- Litigation management and cost control
- Real estate and equipment leases: legal and business analysis, documentation, negotiation
- Court-appointed Receiver, Chief Restructuring Officer & Trustee
- Lender liability and standard of care
- Loan underwriting, workouts and administration
- Professional standard of care (fiduciaries, attorneys, brokers, receivers, promoters, syndicators)